Dienstag, 9. September 2008

Papermint: "You know - for kids!" teens made of paper in a 3D cartoon world

[youtube=http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=lkFT2gvWoQ8]

I dismissed Papermint earlier as too simple (flat people in the age of life-like 3D graphics??) because up to date I only saw screenshots of this weird little virtual world built by Austrian company Avaloop. But when I watched the video above (made by a creative Papermint user called Seppl - skip over the first 30 secs) I got their special drift and think I finally see why kids and teens find it interesting...I never thought I'd say it, but maybe it doesn't have to be 3D all the way to have fun in social virtual worlds ;-)

[caption id="attachment_325" align="alignnone" width="430" caption="Papermint people: click on "watch movie" in the upper left corner of their homepage, it's a cute and entertaining demonstration why flat people sometimes have all the advantages..."]papermint people[/caption]

Papermint Homepage >>

0 comments:

Kommentar veröffentlichen